- consolidator con‧sol‧i‧da‧tor [kənˈsɒldeɪtə ǁ -ˈsɑːldeɪtər] noun [countable]1. FINANCE a larger company that takes control of smaller ones:
• In view of its size, the company has been seen as a possible consolidator in the European insurance industry.2. COMMERCE a business that brings together and sells at a reduced price things that other producers or suppliers have not been able to sell:
• Consolidators buy up surplus airline tickets and offer bargain prices.3. COMMERCE TRANSPORT a transport company that combines small loads sent by different companies into bigger ones:
• Container transport documents are issued frequently by freight forwarders or consolidators.
* * *consolidator UK US /kənˈsɒlɪdeɪtər/ noun [C]► COMMERCE a company that buys a supply of particular goods or services from different places and then offers them for sale to the public: »
Hotel Reservations Network is a hotel room consolidator which takes advantage of volume buying to offer large discounts on rooms in major cities.► ECONOMICS, FINANCE a large, successful company that buys other companies in order to form a larger organization: »
It has been one of the most aggressive consolidators in the investment banking industry sector.► TRANSPORT a transport company that arranges for goods sent by different companies to be stored and transported together: »
We are a consolidator, offering freight consolidation services for international shipping.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
consolidator — CONSOLIDATÓR, OÁRE, consolidatori, oare, adj. Care consolidează, întăreşte; întăritor, de sprijin; consolidant. – Consolida + suf. tor. Trimis de Joseph, 28.05.2004. Sursa: DEX 98 consolidatór adj. m., pl. consolidatóri; f. sg. şi … Dicționar Român
Consolidator — An airline consolidator, also known as a bucketshop, is a business that buys tickets in bulk (at deep discounts but with many restrictions) from airlines and resells them to travel agencies. Consolidators are wholesalers and are prohibited (by… … Wikipedia
consolidator — consolidate ► VERB 1) make stronger or more solid. 2) combine into a single unit. DERIVATIVES consolidation noun consolidator noun. ORIGIN Latin consolidare, from solidus solid … English terms dictionary
consolidator — noun see consolidate … New Collegiate Dictionary
consolidator — See consolidate. * * * … Universalium
consolidator — noun Anyone who, or anything that consolidates … Wiktionary
Consolidator — Ein als Großhändler auftretendes Reiseunternehmen, das mit Leistungsträgern (Beförderungsunternehmen) Sondervereinbarungen über den Vertrieb von Reiseleistungen trifft und diese an ⇡ Reisebüros oder Endverbraucher weitervermittelt … Lexikon der Economics
consolidator — n. merger; one who consolidates; strengthener … English contemporary dictionary
consolidator — con·sol·i·da·tor … English syllables
consolidator — /kən sɒlɪdeɪtə/ noun a firm which groups together orders from different companies into one shipment … Marketing dictionary in english